Here's my finish for the week!
I FINALLY got Stella's quilt bound and washed.
This quilt's got quite a story. Month's ago, Stella (my niece) who's 7, drew me a picture of a quilt she wanted. Basically it was six squares with flowers in some of them.
Then, she came over and picked out one fabric from my stash that she wanted in her quilt.
Then I pulled everything else and went to town.
Finding fabrics that went well with the butterfly fabric she chose was quite the chore.
Especially because i didn't want it to be overly pinky. (Yes, I'm aware the backing is pink. It's just not overly pink.)
The design was something I came up with after messing around with mini dresdens in a runner.
There are a few things I'd do differently if I were to offer it at a pattern, which I might do, at some point.
I backed it using a great vintage sheet I scored at the Goodwill for $1.
She and her mom are coming over tonight and she'll get to take it home!
I also finished up a UFO for her mom, too...
...more on that tomorrow!