I'm pushing through my first term back at school and spending lots of time being a mom.
Last night was cultural night at the kids' school. The whole family went and had a great time.
a few observations:
- paper bag crafts during a presentation are a bad idea.
- the later the evening gets, the less patient the parents get.
- When having a musical guest perform, preview their presentation. (we watched ten minutes of powerpoint slides on the different places he'd lived, complete with old pictures.)
- Middle-schoolers are obnoxious where ever they are, you just don't notice as much when there are only 15 in a school of 100.
- It bugs me to no-end when performers don't know their lyrics.
Tonight I get to get all dressed up and help out at a fundraiser for the Eugene Ballet.
Whoo hoo - adults to talk to!
Have a good weekend!