Thursday, August 11, 2011

wow.
It's been a while.
and I don't even have any pictures to show.

What have I been doing for the last 3 months?

When last we spoke I had just accepted a job stage managing a quick "in-concert" musical.
3 weeks of work.

That went great, and then they asked me to stage manage their big summer musical, which started rehearsing the day after the first show closed.
  So, add 8 more weeks of work.  Yeah! 
- our final performances are this weekend.

During all this, our new house got finished, and we packed everything up and moved. 

I haven't touched my sewing machine since early July.
I think I'm going through withdrawls.
Our garage is still full of boxes waiting to be unpacked and I would feel totally guilty sewing before we were unpacked.

Oh, and last week our washer broke.\
It had had a very loud squeak for a LONG time.
Then, on Sunday it stopped spinning.
A very nice repair man came out and told me it needs a new transmission.  He got me a price for the part,  - almost $300 - but he said that I'd probably be better off buying a new one.

We're in the process of refinancing our construction loan into a mortage - and - as everyone knows, you're not supposed to make any big purchases during that time period.
So, we talked to our mortage broker - who is well aware that we have 3 small kids and that waiting a month to purchase a new washer is just not an option.

I spent time researching washers - and finally made a decision.
Of course, Mr. Chaos is working out of town this week.  My wonderful Dad is going to pick it up from Sears and install it tonight while he's baby-sitting my kids while I work. 

Add to all of this the fact that hi-speed internet doesn't exist out here - I have to use the internet sharing feature on my phone - and there you have the reason for my long absence.

Hopefully, I'll find my camera soon so I can start showing off my wonderful new home.  Until then, know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth - just relocated, and it's taking me a while to adjust.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment