Friday, November 04, 2011

Finish it up Friday

My finish for the week is very special to me, it is an original design by me, and I wrote a pattern for it.
I created the design for the Eugene Modern Quilt Guild's solids challenge.

I built a tester one this spring for my niece, before breaking into the charm pack I was given.

I was waiting until I had shown it at a meeting before blogging about it, but I have determined that I'm only going to be able to attend the meetings once in a blue moon, given the work/travel schedule of Mr. Chaos and the lessons/school schedule of my children.

So, wanna see?

Following the Leader

Following the Leader

it finishes at just under 49" square.

and I pieced the back -

IMG_4320

up close on the quilting...

IMG_4317

and I machine sewed the binding on.
I've been trying to figure out a way to make it look as nice as when I hand sew it, but I HATE hand sewing.

I think I like how it turned out.

machine stiched binding


IMG_4318

The pattern can be found here.

:)

1 comment:

  1. It looks AWESOME! I love it and I love that you shared it! I have been thinking of finding a spot for us to have a solids challenge show in 2012 and I do hope you might be interested in hanging yours too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete