Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April's Quilting Commitments



It was Dianah's month.  She asked for a specific block.  I think they turned out nice.  Crisp and clean looking.

Krista wanted an inprov block with the birds as fussy cuts.  Since the prints were so busy I opted to frame the fussy cuts to help pull attention to them.  I love how it turned out.



April is my month, so I sent out these fabrics and these were my guidelines:
Guidelines:
~I would like two 12 ½” unfinished blocks.
~Frame the block with one of the two fat-eighth Christmas prints.
~You must use the white somewhere.
~You don’t need to use every print.
~You may add your own fabric.
~Other than that, you can do what ever you'd like. :)

We'll see what I end up with!
 
 
My partner this month was Virginia.  She asked for this log cabin in red, white and blue.  I finished it pretty early in the month, but I admit it is still sitting here waiting to be sent home.  Before Friday, I promise!
 
She sent me this wonderful block

And last but certainly not least, the block lotto


I was only able to make two blocks, but they're good'uns.

No comments:

Post a Comment