Monday, April 05, 2010

Crazy Weekend

We spent the weekend at the coast.  The kids were part of a dear friend's wedding party.  Only insane people plan an outdoor wedding on the Oregon Coast.  In April.  We had rain, sleet, wind and hail.  We also had a heated tent, great friends and champagne. 

(Back row: Me, Mr. Chaos.  Front:  The Boy, Muffin & Miss Mae)

We clean up pretty nicely!  This was the first time in I don't know how long that I "did" my hair and put on make-up.

I'm counting this as my Design Wall Monday post because my projects for the week were The Boy's vest and tie, and altering Muffin's dress.  Have you ever sewn a tie?  I don't recommend it.  The pattern is super easy, but slippery fabric makes it a bit more difficult.  I finished the vest and tie literally minutes before we had to leave, so I didn't take any "in progress" pictures.

I haven't a clue how to tie a tie, and Mr. Chaos was busy setting up the sound system, so The Boy got a tie tying lesson from a friend.  Then they helped their Daddy with a sound check.

Muffin completely charmed every male in the area.  I foresee broken hearts in her wake when she gets older. 

I was completely impressed that they mananged to stay clean and well behaved for the length of the ceremony.  They weren't perfect, but they were quietly impatient.  Miss Mae got to hold the bride's bouquet at one point during the ceremony and could resisist showing her sister.


All in all a wonderful weekend, but I'm looking forward to a week of normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment