Friday, June 04, 2010

Wow.  it's been over a month since I posted anything.  what a crazy month.  maybe I'll go into my craziness later but right now I'm just gonna stick to the sewing.  I finished all my blocks for May.


Leila's theme was "a forest on white"  It was great fun just to let loose and play with tree shapes.
Bee Improv May Blocks

Melody wanted string blocks in pink and brown.  She had us use Rachel's tutorial at ps i quilt.  Nice and easy.  I hadn't made a string block before, it was fun!
Brown & Pink Strings

Laura wanted coin quilt inspired blocks.  I used every last bit of the background and squeezed out two blocks.
Stacked Mini Coin Quilt Blocks
Balinda set a specific block pattern and all the pieces were pre-cut.  I love it when it's that easy!  I added a few fabrics and made 4 blocks. 
May - Sew Bee It - Balinda's Blocks
Terrie wanted houses, trees and stars.  My package specified a house and I got to choose the second block, so I chose a tree.
Christmas in July - May - Terrie 
Since I happen to know she likes fussy cuts, I had fun with the skaters.
Airplanes, rockets and helocopters!  Since I don't do applique well at all - I'm too much of a perfectionist!  I found a coloring sheet of an airplane, morphed it into a paper pieced pattern and made a test block.  The test block turned out so well, I sent that too.  I had fun fussy cutting all the critters into the windows.
Fussy Cut Love - May blocks airplane/rocketship
I even posted a copy of my pattern, since the block seemed to be a hit.  I also promised a tutorial....soon...
airplane paper-pieced quilt pattern

and last but not least -

Quilt Block Swap - Debbie sent me this very nice star
May Block Swap Recieved
She asked for any block in pink and brown.  I sent her this block:
Quilt Block Swap - May - For Debbie
it is totally my favorite pattern right now!  you can find it here.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you've also been "crazy' busy. You've really made some great blocks. I know the recipients are going to love them.

    ReplyDelete