Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gift Giving


IMG_2630

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. Way back in April I had this grand plan to make her a table runner for each of the holidays and give it to her for her birthday. I did this one, for Easter. Two days ago my sister called to remind me that it was her birthday. So, yesterday I whipped up this nifty Halloween runner.

I couldn't find the power cord for my Brother, so I opted to try quilting it on my Singer

I am in love. 

halloween runner detail

It quilted up beautifully. The tensions are all correct without to much fiddling, and the machine runs smoothly, which helps me keep everything even.


Look!

IMG_2632  

even the back looks good.

You have no idea how proud I am of this little runner.  It's the first time my quilting looks as good as my piecing.

The Singer is now my official quilting machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment