Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2010 Finishes - Big and Small

Looking back, 2010 was the year I really got into quilting.
 
Last year I finished 9 crib size or larger quilts.  The details for each are listed on my Big Finished Quilts page.
 
 
I also made:




I'm pretty sure there are a few small 'uns I forgot to photo, but overall, it was a productive year.
Much more positive to look at what I did finish than what I didn't get done.

What does 2011 hold for me, sewing-wise?

More finishes, less new projects.  I've told myself that I can start a new project when  I finish two older projects.  Wanna see my UFO list? 
  1. String X's
  2. Muffin's Trip Around the World
  3. Carolina Christmas II
  4. Tic-Tac Toe
  5. Sew Buzzy Stars
  6. Ravishing in Red
  7. Alice in Wonderland
  8. Crazy Mom Quilts Quilt Along #5
  9. Double Wedding Ring Tree Skirt
  10. Pure Hexagons
  11. ColorWheel Geese
  12. Em's Halloween Runner
  13. Cool Braids
  14. Harry Potter
 Some of these are pieced tops, ready to be quilted.
Some are blocks from bees, just waiting to be sashed and set...gonna design settings though...
Some have half the blocks pieced...
you get the picture. 

We will be moving this summer and I REALLY don't want to pack half finished projects...

I think I'll post this list in the sidebar.  Might help me make some progress on it.  Kind of overwhelming at the moment. 

Know what else this means?  I'm limiting my bees and swaps.
Right now I'm part of 8 different bees.

Too Many.

My life has gotten much crazier than when I signed up for them. 

Sew Bee It 
Bee Improvisational 
Not Your Grandma's Quilting Bee - Bumble Bees 
Not Your Grandma's Quilting Bee - The Hive
Sew Buzzy 
Scrap Happy 
[3x6] Sampler Quilt Mini Bee 
Ravishing In Red

I'm going to finish up the bees I'm currently in, and then cut back to one.  (maybe two.)
and limit my swaps to one at a time.

*sigh*

limits.  setting limits.

saying "no" is so hard.

I wanna sew more with my kiddos. 
I wanna sew stuff for my new house.

there are just not enough hours in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment