Friday, September 30, 2011

Honey Honey Quilt


honey honey (7)

Months ago, my in-laws asked me to make a quilt to add to a care package for a dear friend's youngest daughter, who is fighting cancer.  They all chipped in on the fabric, and voila.

I used Tula Pink's Honey Honey pattern.

I love how bright and cheery it is.  The quilting is pretty dense, I wanted it to be able to hold up to washings.

 honey honey (4)

The back is a super soft pink minky, which I folded over for the binding.

A couple of notes -

The pattern was pretty clear, but I had a lot of the fabric for the centers left over.  Luckily, they're cut at 2 1/2" so I was able to unpick the sewing and add them to my scraps.

honey honey (5)

Minky fabric sucks.
It bunches and pulls and doesn't lie flat.
I'm sure there are tricks to working with it, but I don't know any of them.
It'll be awhile before I do that again.

Overall, I like how it turned out!


honey honey (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment