Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Since we've moved I haven't started any big new projects.
My sewing closet is overflowing with almost completed tops, tops waiting to be sandwiched, and blocks waiting to be set into tops.

I've told myself I need to make a dent in getting them completed before I can move on to starting a new big quilt.  That hasn't stopped me from playing with little toppers and runners, but I refuse to start anything big until I get most of these done.

closet o tops 

 Here's my list of tops that are hanging in the closet:


  • Grandma's Vase of Love - This one's been gifted and she loves it.  She gave it back to me so I could add a sleeve for hanging....
  • Baby Boy Quilt - 1/2 quilted.  I've never blogged about this one...It was to be for a friend's new baby, but the baby was born in March....so he's now... oh... 6 months old?
  • String X's  - yup.  top done. not quilted.
  • One-Patch - a quilt made from 2" scrap squares, that I use as leaders and enders.  It's still in progress...
  • Verna Runner - A super cute spring runner I made from verna scraps that a Fabric Fairy sent me.  Waiting to be sandwiched.
  • Please Don't Eat the Flowers - A runner of my own design that I hope to share with you, soon.   I think it would make an awesome Christmas project....
  • Crazy Mom Quilts Round and Round Quilt Along - I actually worked on it a bit a couple of weeks ago.  I'm at the last step...
  • Carolina Christmas Two - A Quiltville Mystery from 2 years ago.  It made enough blocks for two smaller quilts, the first one has been done and gifted, this one is just waiting to be sandwiched.
  • Around the World - A mixed flannel/cotton top.  Waiting for sandwiching.
  • Cool Braids - I've got the braids as long as I want them.  I've trimmed one....

That makes 10 Works in Progress.

Haven't worked on any of those this week.

I did work on Stella's Quilt.  It's an original design that I'm very proud of.
I'm hand sewing the binding on... ALMOST done!!!

stellas binding

I'm linking up to Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment