Thursday, September 06, 2012

Well, there you go.

In case you hadn't noticed, I've not been sewing much around here.  When we figured out that Tessa's tummy couldn't process fructose, I did a bunch of research and am now re-learning how to cook and bake gluten-free (GF) and no/low fructose (LF).  So the few extra minutes I had been sewing, I am now trying to find food that taste good and Tess can eat. 

Since I really don't want to make two of everything - blackberry cobbler, cupcakes, cookies - I've been making our sweeet treats Tessa-safe.

Trying to find a balance between the effort expended in preparing meals that everyone can eat and the additional cost of making enough GF/LF foods for the entire family has been tricky.  GF flours are stupidly expensive.  So, we've limited our cakes and cookies at the house because I'm too lazy to make a batch GF/LF, wash everything and clean up, then make a second "normal" batch.

I'd rather spend my time elsewhere, thank you very much.  One of my least favorite chores is cleaning the kitchen, why on earth would I subject my self to doing that twice as often?

Tonight I whipped up a batch of brownies using a master baking mix recipe I modified.  Josh gave it the name "Tess-Quik" and it stuck.

No recipe tonight, we haven't tasted them yet.   But they sure smell promising!

I miss blogging, mostly because I felt like it was an outlet for the random thoughts and happenings I want to share.  So, perhaps I will be back more often, but there will be little to no craft-sewing going on here.

Instead, I'd like to use this as a platform to share with my friends and family, who I don't see/talk to much.  Mostly because I dislike "chatting" on the phone. 

I'm also using the Blogger app on my tablet, so be prepared for not-perfect posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment