Monday, February 08, 2010

Tic Tac Toe

More lotto blocks arrived today.  My brillant husband had the brainy idea to scan them as they came in so I could "play" with layouts without making a huge mess and taking up the dining room table.    So here are the first 12 blocks, scanned into photoshop.

Then I played a little bit, skewing the blocks on a black background just to see....

That same brillant man also pointed out that the point of the lotto was to USE the stash so therefore I shouldn't buy any fabric to use in the finished quilts.  Arg.

3 comments:

  1. oof, he's a bit on the ball your husband isn't he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always though the point of the block lotto was to try some new blocks or old blocks in new color-ways and to have FUN. Using nothing but stash is a benefit . . . or perhaps a bit of a challenge if you end up winning a set of blocks.

    I've recently seen some 9-patch blocks set with the twist-n-turn setting with different colored triangles on each side of the 9-patch–if I can find it again, I'll send you the link. Maybe that would work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie - That might work...I'd love to see the link if you can find it again.

    We're a one income family so finances are tight, and I feel bad spending money on stuff "for me" BUT - I'm working (outside my house) this weekend so maybe I can use some of that without feeling too guilty.

    ReplyDelete