Friday, March 05, 2010

Making Changes....

...is never easy.  Ever.  So I'm strarting on Friday, instead of Monday.  What prompts my changes?  These adorable girls.

In about a month, I'll be watching my twin nieces on Thursdays and Fridays from 9-2.  While it doesn't seem like ten hours a week would warrant major changes to my daily life, it does.  Especially since my family has been rather structureless for the past few months...random, crazy, stressful events back-to-back have made it difficult to maintain any kind of routine.

I am starting Spring Term of my online bachelors program at Oregon State, which requires me to take 4 online classes.  I also have my own three lovely children and the twins' older sister, who I affectionatly call "Monster."

I started by making a detailed layout of my day.  Now I need to stick to my schedule.  Which I've been attemping to do for the last three days.  So far, so okay.  Three major goals for my new routine:

1. - WALK whenever possible.  It is so much easier to buckle all the kids in the car and quickly run to the school and back, but we all need the exercise.  (This afternoon is my first attempt.)

2. - Housework and Homework first.  In otherwords, no turning on the sewing machine, no checking the email until the other stuff is done first.  THIS will be difficult.  I am addicted to my email.  But I think I can do it.

3.  Weekly craft time with the kids.  While this might not sound like a major change, my kiddos range in age from 8 to 4, so it has been difficult to find time and energy to prep and be creative with them in any kind of structured way.  My goal is to have Friday afternoons be our craft time, but I'm not sure that will happen today.

I'll keep you posted.

 - Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment