Friday, March 12, 2010

Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along

I hadn't purchased layer cakes or charm packs before this, they're spendy and I'm addicted to the remnant bin.  I did find a Hello Betty layer cake on ebay that was pretty inexpensive.  I didn't notice that it was the "Retro" colorway.  Oh well.  It will still be nice.  So, that's what I'm using for my sampler. 

Block 1:

Block 2:

Block 3:
(You'll notice there is only one of these.  Still working on the second one.)

Once the second block 3 is complete I'll be caught up.  Rachel from p.s. i quilt, the hostess for this quilt along, shared a picture of the inspiration quilt, which had tiny little pinwheels in the sashing.  She isn't doing that for this quilt, but I opted to start making them from the scraps.

The Momma block is 12"  and the Bitty-Baby block is 3" 

No comments:

Post a Comment