Monday, August 16, 2010

Beach Clarity

sand bucket

We made it home safely from our week at the coast.  It's amazing how things can fall into place when you're away from home.  I sat on the beach and thought about all those curve balls and finally felt like I had a direction and a plan.  Mr. Chaos also had plenty of time to think while he was working.  It was a lot of hurry up and waiting for him.

First we decided not to put Muffin in preschool this year. She was born 12 days too late to be able to enter kindergarden in the fall and we felt that having her repeat the same preschool program wouldn't help her grow, not to mention saving on the tuition each month.  So she'll be home with my everyday this year.  She's my last little one, so I think I'll enjoy it.

Second, we've decided to move.  The five of us currently share 1000 square feet with only one bathroom on a very busy street.  We're bursting at the seams.  We're looking outside of town, our goal is two bathrooms, at least .5 acres of land and no more than 45 minute commute for Mr. Chaos.  Finances being as they are, I think it will be awhile before we find something we like and can afford.  In the meantime, we'll be sifting through ten years of accumulated stuff.  Blech.

Living outside of town will be a completely different lifestyle for me, but I think I'm going to enjoy it.  I'll have room for my roses, my sewing machines, and hopefully some chickens.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment