Thursday, September 02, 2010

Pinwheel Sampler Top Done!

pinwheel top corner

I finally completed my psiquilt Pinwheel Sampler top.  I made the mistake of asking Mr. Chaos to look at the layout I had decided on, which was the 4x4 square, just like the quiltalong.  I was trying to ask him if the colors worked or if I needed to rearrange the squares a bit.

His response was to completely rearrrange the layout, which was much more unique and made the quilt larger, but also resulted in more math, cutting and piecing. 

Anyway, here she is
pinwheel top

pinwheel top (2)

Sorry for the less than perfect pictures, don't have a lot of space currently to take proper pictures.
I'll take better ones after it's quilted.

On a side note, this was going to be a wedding gift for a friend, but my sister has made repeated comments about the total awesomeness of the colors and patterns.  I think I would be in big trouble if it wasn't under the tree with her name on it.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin - love your top, congrats on getting it together! I still have yet to finish the top -have it about 1/4 way sewn...have to get my act together and just do it. Your top is a big motivator!

    ~Carrie, from the Bee Inspirational group

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the alternate layout and the colours are so fresh and pretty. Well done on getting this one together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous already but I can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete