Monday, July 26, 2010

What a Weekend!

Whew!  I am so glad the weekend's over.  Wow!  Picked up my machine from the shop Friday afternoon.  Apparently it had a bind.  So, for $40 he cleared the bind.  He did comment that it looked like I was using the machine quite a bit, based on the lint build-up.  He figured that I had about two more years before I would need a machine that was rated for heavier use.  Apparently the Brother ES-2000 isn't rated to be used daily for hours at a time.  :) No matter, I'm completely happy with it!

Friday evening it was just me and the kids for dinner, so I made breakfast for dinner.

chocolate chip pancakes
Chocolate Chip Pancakes!


Saturday I worked a bit on blocks for a few bees, but no pictures yet.

Yesterday I spent the entire day canning. 

strawberry jam
blueberry canned

 Made 3 batches of stawberry jam, a batch of blueberry syrup, and a batch of blueberry butter.  I was hot and sweaty and sooo tired when I was done.  The blueberry butter and syrup were new recipes, and they are tasty!  The syrup is nice and thick.    The recipes came out of Complete Book of Home Preserving which is an amazing book!  I've been canning for years, my mom taught me.  This book explains the whys of all the quirks of canning as well as dispelling some myths.  I highly recommend it!

Last but not least, I heard from my friend that my sewing table is done and ready to be picked up!!!  She posted pictures, which I'm reposting here.

It looks amazing!
after sewing table
I provided her with the fabric for the seat cover.  Didn't she do an amazing job?

As a reminder, here's before:

sewing table

Can't wait to bring it home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment