Friday, July 09, 2010

June Bee Blocks

Wow - where did June go?  I got all my blocks completed!

Two blocks for WendyScrap Happy - Wendy sent out focus fabric - fruits - and asked for wonky log cabins.  I hope she likes them, they're not to my taste, but that seemed to be the theme this month!  :)







Sew Bee It - JuneSew Bee It - Vickie sent super busy Amy Butler prints and the pink background.  She wanted geese in any shape or size.  Complete no brainer on which block I would do!








Sew Buzzy Fabrics
Sew Buzzy - First month of the new bee.  My month!  I sent out these lovely 1930's reproduction prints, assigned everyone a color and a size and asked for wonky stars.  Loving the results!  You can check out all the great stars in our group pool on Flickr.  Totally floored by the generousity of the members, nearly everyone made more than required!







Not Your Grandmas Quilting Bee - The Hive -

Lisa sent black, white & gray and bits of red.  She wanted any kind of black and white blocks with red birds.  Since applique and I don't get along, I opted to paper piece a few birds.  The pointy bird pattern is here.  The little bird pattern is here.  They're too busy for me, but hopefully she likes them!









Bee Improvisational - June Block 1Bee Improvisational. - Jeremy's month. He wanted block inspired by this Oh, Fransson! post. For my first block I decided to do a what I'm calling a framed braid. I followed Bonnie Hunters pioneer braids technique at Quiltville. My braid strips were cut at 1"x 5".





Mini Stamp for JeremyFor my second block I wanted to do a mini postage stamp.  I got tired of piecing all the little bits, so the white frame is bigger than I originally intended.  :)

christmas june bothChristmas in July - Debbie wanted this specific pattern, using these specific fabrics.  I love it when it's that easy!

Fabric for Ravishing in RedRavishing in Red Bee - New bee and I got to be first!  I sent out these and asked for a block that featured the red and also a 6 1/2" wonky star.  You can see all the red awesomeness here.
bumble june block 2bumble june block 1Not Your Grandmas Quilting Bee- The Bumble Bees - Kendra wanted this specific block and asked us to add bright scraps.  I was really nervous 'cause I hadn't made blocks like this before, but they turned out nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment