Wednesday, December 01, 2010

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night...

When I finally got home on late Saturday night early Sunday morning.
I was exhausted by the time I got to my car at the airport.
Then I had to spend 15 minutes thawing and scraping all the ice off the windows.
then drive home in the yucky cold rain.

I finally made it home and found my mailbox STUFFED with wet mail. 

This was in the mail.  luckily it had be sent in a plastic envelope, so nothing was wet.


fabric fairy thanksgiving

Rapunzel!  and Sushi!  and Gnomes!


From Canada!

For those of you that are following, this makes 7 packages.

Seven wonderful bits of happiness.

I am so completely blown away by all of the caring, kind people out there.

Thank you.

I know I'm supposed to use all of them for me, but I feel like I need to give back in some way, so I want to give away a few things.
More than likely I'll be using stuff from my stash and not these beautiful fabrics, I haven't had enough of a chance to pet them!  Can't use them yet!

I did manage to finish The Boy's quilt.  The top has been sitting in the closet for about a year.  He wasn't too sure about the idea of spending the whole weekend away from home, so I told him that he could sleep with this and pretend I was giving him hugs to keep him warm.

May I present:

Holy Wonky Rails, Batman!

holy wonky rails batman!

It finished at about 54"x60"

It's not perfect by any means, but done is better than perfect.

I pieced the back, making it a bit more subdued so he can flip it over when he's "too old" for Batman.

hwr back

He doesn't care that it isn't perfect.  Or that the quilting isn't even and smooth.
He loves it.  and really, that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. oh what fun fabrics you got! I'm getting jealous of your fairy! LOL. Not really...you are too sweet and deserve all the fabric fairy love out there. But the green rapunzel! swoon!

    ReplyDelete